The Department of Medical Laboratory Techniques was created in the academic year (2012-2013) within the departments of the University’s Fundamentals of Religion in the name of Pathological Analysis Techniques, and the name was changed to the Department of Medical Laboratory Techniques in the year 2018-2019. The department has graduated five courses. The graduate student holds a bachelor’s degree in pathological analysis. The department includes (20) teaching staff, (11) of whom hold a doctorate, (9) hold a masters degree, in addition to (8) employees representing the technical staff.
Building an educational and research institution that advances the health and medical reality in Iraq and constitutes a scientific and research nucleus in community service at the local and international level by providing a safe university environment committed to sound social and ethical values and principles, and where justice and equality prevail.
The Department of Medical Laboratory Techniques was developed to meet the health institutions ’need for specialized service cadres with scientific specifications and standards, as well as preparing those cadres to work in these institutions as well as to support the private sector in this field, developing the teaching and student staff in the fields of scientific research and knowledge and opening graduate studies, which are The scientific balance of the department and other institutions and expanding the horizons of scientific cooperation with the corresponding departments and relevant institutions in order to achieve high-quality continuous and interaction.
- Department of Medical Laboratory Techniques Preparing professional graduates specializing in pathological analyzes for the urgent need for this occasion from graduates to supply the labor market with these cadres. Study company for the study in Waves Analytics.
- The department aims to graduate technical staff capable of working in medical laboratories, conducting routine laboratory analyzes, general chemical tests and examining fluids.
- The ability of the graduates to carry out laboratory work related to isolation, staining, and examination of micro-organisms present in clinical samples.
- Performs all blood analyzes and checks.
- He performs urine and exit checks and various body fluids (knee fluids, spinal fluid, semen).
- It prepares tissue slides from various parts of the body and prepares them for examination.
- It prepares all laboratory solutions.
- Emphasizing the accuracy of work and adopting correct results for the test results because of their effective role in diagnosing injuries and diseases and thus helping to treat them as soon as possible.
- The teaching staff carry out scientific research and graduate research to contribute to solving some problems and developing skills.
Job opportunities for department graduates:
Depending on the specialization and the nature of the study, the graduates work in several fields, including the government sector, which includes educational scientific institutions, various health departments and medical fields, given the training and lessons that the graduate has acquired in this section in diagnosing diseases, conducting examinations and training in laboratory techniques in theoretical and practical terms, as well as the private sector by way of work In private hospital laboratories and private laboratories, or to participate in specialized courses held by the Ministry of Health for the purpose of granting them a license to engage in private laboratory work. The graduate student can complete the diploma, masters and doctoral studies.